Wedding Wire Live
On Tuesday, Wedding Wire premiere wedding referral site, hosted a group of local wedding professionals at the Tower Club in Dallas. What a cacophonous crowd! The venue was stuffed with wedding coordinators, florists, videographers, officiants and other wedding vendors, all networking elbow-to-elbow with the volume set on high.
Online Reviews are the New Word of Mouth
Along with the libations and snacks, Wedding Wire corralled the highly energetic crowd into a meeting room for a little training. The wedding professionals were inundated with facts and figures related to their business. Things like:
- the amazing growth of Wedding Wire
- other sites related to Wedding Wire, like Prom Wire, Mitzvah Wire and even Birthday Wire
- the phenomenal migration from PC to phone for internet searches
- online tools for wedding vendors
The goal of the all of this training was to encourage wedding vendors to solicit reviews from their customers. On the surface, this seems like a pretty selfish undertaking, but Wedding Wire pointed out another aspect of it. The overwhelming majority of brides actually want to see reviews. When a newly married bride takes time to review her vendors she’s paying forward for the brides who follow.
How to Write a Helpful Review
Though all vendors want to hear they are great and that they did a wonderful job on your big day, prospective brides are looking for a little more information. They’d like the answer to questions like these:
- Why did you choose this vendor?
- Was their price fair and competitive?
- What sets this vendor apart from others?
- Was your experience a pleasant one? Did you like their personnel? Their taste? Their courtesy?
- Did the vendor respond quickly to your calls and emails? And were their responses informative and helpful?
- Did the vendor have the necessary equipment and was it in good condition?
- Did the vendor provide what they promised in a timely manner?
- Did the vendor provide something exceptional you were not expecting?
Answering these questions and others similar to them will help another bride decide whether or not to use a vendor. Sometimes things do not go well and brides need to know this, too. In those cases specific details are even more important. While “WORST FLORIST EVER” will convey your dissatisfaction, telling future brides the florist delivered your flowers 45 minutes late, used the wrong variety of lily and forgot the corsage for the Mother of the Groom is more valuable. “WORST FLORIST EVER” could be perceived as a purely emotional response to a misunderstanding. Outlining the real issues is more helpful.
Don’t Forget the Photographers and Videographers!
While caterers and florists provide their services on your wedding day, photographers and videographers don’t deliver their goods until many weeks later. Sometimes our brides and grooms are so busy immediately after their wedding that they don’t get around to approving our proof copy until months after the event. We can’t even produce our discs until we have that OK. Still future brides are looking for your reviews, so add them as soon as you’ve seen the finished product.
Our Brides Love Us!
We’re proud to say that all of our reviews on Wedding Wire are from very happy customers. We promise our couples, “No matter what happens – good or bad – on your wedding day, you’re going to love your wedding video.” For twelve years we’ve been keeping that promise. Call us at 972-378-0446 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how we’ve done it.
LeniCam Video Productions – Wedding Videographer Dallas